Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pony Express



"Yeah!"

"Yeah!"


For those of you living near a Whole Foods, this may not seem like a big deal. But, for me, this is HUGE.

I was backing in the car with the little guy this afternoon and saw the white box with red and blue text sticking out from my mailbox. I first thought it was a gift for someone else that had been ordered, but no, this one is from Aunt Sandy.

I love Aunt Sandy mail. Aunt Sandy mail is interesting. Aunt Sandy mail is kind, and warm, and filled with sweetness. Aunt Sandy mail is a box of love. One of my favorite Aunt Sandy mail's was a gift to Sam of all but one part needed to make the most stylish, perfectly dressed snowman. This time, Aunt Sandy mail had that distinctive 'thunk'. I know that weight. I know that size box. I know that thunk. O and I rushed inside and opened it up. I said that first "yeah" and as a good, hungry little boy, he replied, "Yeah" with more excitement.


So, we shared a rich, buttery, almost challah-like, Cranberry Orange Scone from the Gluten-Free Bakehouse at Whole Foods.

It has been hard not to have another this evening, especially while writing this. O wanted one as a bedtime snack. Sorry kid, these are mine.

I am so glad I have an Aunt Sandy. Not for her gifts of 'things' but for the pure kind thought behind it.

There is nothing better than an Aunt Sandy! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments: