Monday, February 4, 2008

Account Services

I have been getting a recorded message on my home phone approximately once per week, sometimes more. It tells me that I have the opportunity to drop my interest payment on MY credit card to 6.9%. Then, it says that this is the "final time" they will call me. I can also press '2' to stop these calls. Or, I can press '1' and talk to a live representative to lower my rate.
When I say I have been getting these calls, I remember getting the last one this past summer. They stopped for a while, then returned, now back to weekly calls. Once the 'live representative' hung up on me when I asked what the name of the credit card is. So, the final time isn't quite final, maybe they mean final of the day. And the '2' doesn't really do anything but indicate to Account Services that they have a live one.

Today...I spewed a long sentence ending with, "What can I do to make you guys stop calling me?".

Tina (name changed to protect the idiot) said, "I'll put your number on the do not call list".

I said, "Will that work because that was done last month and I am still getting the calls?"

Tina abruptly said, "I don't have time for this."

Hmmm. I thought she called me...

No comments: