Thursday, April 10, 2008

Signs

The boys and I went to the fabric store a couple weekends ago. I never thought fabric could make little boys happy. O had a bolt of vehicles that he was naming off like a child recites the alphabet. He even cried when I gave the bolt to be measured and cut, as if it were a candy bar.
Sam found this neat sign fabric that he thought was a must have. Originally we were going to make pajama pants with all the fabric. Best laid plans.
Sam wanted a blanket, so of course, mom happily obliged - after all, blankets are much easier than pants!

Tom mentioned today that I might be disappointing my readers by not having much weaving highlighted lately. Well, I hope I don't disappoint. The difficulties I am having with weaving are quite simple to remedy, I am just procrastinating. Weaving, as one would guess, takes a long time. It is exciting at the beginning and at the end, but in the middle, well, blah blah. I have a warp on the loom, but haven't been 100% happy with my color choice for the weft (horizontal yarn). I need to remove some of the weft that is on the loom right now, and that just isn't any fun. The other bummer is that now that Mr. Loom in in the basement, the lighting couldn't be worse for pictures.

(And don't even get me started on the Three Stooges clock that says wacky phrases at the hour. )

Tom says I should get up early to take pictures while the light comes in through the small windows.

I say, you are all fine, the waiting makes it more special in the end!

Since I seem to do things after I state them in this blog - I will at least remove the unwanted yarn from the loom tonight (as long as the boys go to bed nicely).

AND...I received my first comment from stranger today. I thanked that stranger, and got another comment. Not that your comments aren't great (of faithful few), but it is nice to have a word or two from someone who has no idea who I am or what I do or why I do what I do.

No comments: