Wednesday, May 7, 2008

One of Those Days


My head is spinning.
This is not meant as a complaint, only an explanation or rationalization.
.
Since I was away from Thursday through Sunday afternoon, I kind of lost my weekend to relax. Yes, the trip was relaxing, but it was still work. I had to talk to people, fake interest, and dress appropriately which is never comfortable.
Sunday night I checked email and reviewed some reports for a couple hours. Monday and Tuesday I worked very full days, taking 3 hour breaks from 5 -8 for family and dinner, then back on the computer.
.
This afternoon got out of hand. I lost my cool. I let someone get to me (again).
After pacing around shaking in anger and frustration and disbelief I realized there was only one thing to do.
.
Weave.
.
I ran to the basement and wove about an inch and a half.
.
Calm.
.
I wonder if it is just me, or does weaving do that for other weavers? If you ever have the opportunity to take a class in weaving, do it. You will not only respect cloth more, but I bet you will find an outlet to make the spinning world still.
.
Even if only for an inch or so.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

inch by inch makes life a cinch.
yard by yard and life gets hard!!
L.