Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Rest


I wish I were there.
.
Instead, getting ready for a busy weekend chock full of a birth day, a birthday party with 11 five year olds (I know, I am crazy), a wedding and hopefully a visit to see precious Baby Julia.
.
You may have wondered what I was up to, but I finally (mostly) finished the two blankets. One for the wedding on Saturday (completely finished, yet to be wrapped) and this one above for the shop (just needs short hand stitching). I ordered some labels from a gal on etsy and hoped they would be in before the wedding (thinking not) so that I could attach one. About the blankets. Big. Really big. They would make perfect - and I mean perfect - picnic blankets for the couple that has everything. The inspiration - the two person blanket (I need a catchy name, anyone?) to share with another and never see your toes.
.
I have also been working on a Sam inspired blanket. Sam is often making our blankets into dresses (I know, I know) or capes. So, I designed (am continually designing and changing) a blanket with a hood, straps to wear as a cape, straps to roll the blanket up (like a sleeping bag) and most especially a secret pocket! They are cute, definitely need some editing and I will need to hide them from Sam, he thinks he is keeping them both. I will show you those as they get more complete.
.
And most importantly, we are planning a 'Robot - Paint Your Own Shirt' party for Friday. I am desperately coming up with games and activities (not to mention preparing t-shirts and fabric paint) to fill a two hour period at our house. Please, everyone, pray for sun. I am not sure what I would do with that many kids (with paint) in my house. And while you are praying, just think of Tom and how much he would appreciate all the kids being OUTside for the party! I think he is secretly excited for this. He even thought he should make Jiffy Pop on our camping stove for the kids. Cute! I am sure I will have some pics from that day to come as well.
There are some more ideas swirling in my head and getting mixed up with thoughts of my new position/clients at work and making for a thick head. My neighbor laughed at me for not being able to finish a thought on multiple occasions. Guess I am in overload.
.
Maybe because I am 'pulling a Carrie' as my mom says. That wedding on Saturday - yeah, I have NOTHING to wear. So, I bought a pattern and found an "unidentified content" fabric at WalMart for $1 a yard in steel grey. It is stretchy like those kids pillows that were big a couple years ago, real squishy and silky. Anyway...add that completion to your sun prayer - if you don't mind.
.
You would think with all the stuff I need to get done, I would be working. Ahhh. That is probably a good idea...

No comments: