Thursday, August 7, 2008

The First Cookie

I am hard pressed to think of a better way to eat a cookie, than to eat it from the first batch, fresh out of the oven, when the chips are just the right temperature that they are warm and gooey, but not too hot. Yummm.


We are off to Chenango State Park this weekend for a long camping trip. Tom's brothers and their families, along with Momma G are all lined up in four sites next to each other. Otherwise known as the 'buffer zone' or 'noise barrier zone'. There are three men, four women, five boys and one girl. The youngest boy is my precious godson, who turned one year old in May. I am really excited and nervous.
That is why I made these cookies. These gluten free discs of heaven are the best peanut butter chocolate chip cookie ever. They change my demeanor with every bite. Ahhh. It is a gf cookie by nature! I don't add or subtract any gluten. They are made for me. They are made for Celiacs and they are made sooooo good.
Simple recipe.
1 cup peanut butter (I use chunky)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips (I over pour - you can NEVER have too many chips)
Mix together, form into balls. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
As you are reading this, we are in the car, driving away, eating cookies.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

That looks way better than my brat! :) Hope you have a great time. - Brooke