Saturday, August 30, 2008

Zip e dee do DUH

Zippers.

I read once on a TripTik from AAA that zippers were invented* n Meadville, PA. Not sure if that is true or if my memory has collapsed on me, but zippers make me happy and frustrated.

It is a fabulous concept. I rarely buy a purse without a zipper. Why, then, would I sell at purse without a zipper?

Easy.

I hate putting them in. I haven't figured out how to cleanly add a zipper that doesn't look like a 4th grader put it in. Since I am adding it to a felted purse, my fabric is very thick and doesn't lend itself well to my sewing machine.

I am going to hand sew.

and I am afraid.

* update, not invented, but thecurrent home of the zipper, or the Universal Fastener Company. Thanks memory, you were pretty close for knowledge stored in my brain for over 15 years.

3 comments:

Aspasia B said...

I hate installing zippers too, but I really had to comment because that's just a great photo.

Unknown said...

aspasia - thanks, it was such a quick photo session. Guess I got lucky.

Hello, I'm Lisa. What's Your Name? said...

Good luck with that, Love the colors going on in the background.
Can't wait to see the pics.
L.G.