Monday, January 5, 2009

NoHoBo Bag


This is the first bag I have made for fun. Well maybe not the first, but this has no deadline, no restrictions, all fun. The yarn was intended to be used in December, but we all know that didn't happen.
.
I had mentioned earlier that I was working on a bag that you never saw. I made a smaller single ripple version in white, which sold to a fine young lady before anyone ever saw it.
.
When I began this one, I started too big and didn't realize it until I had used an entire ball of yarn, it happens. It is hard to eyeball a purse from the bottom up with no pattern or measurements to go by. Twenty three inches at the base is much too big for two balls of yarn. This monster is four balls now. This is a photo prior to felting, I have never taken a pic prior to felting, thinking of adding that to my list of product photos. One of my purses was in a treasury about recycling...I am totally grateful, but it reminded me that maybe I should be more clear on how I make my purses. Not all felted wool is recycled or re purposed or Eco-friendly or up cycled. I always use new (or unused) yarn and get the heebee jeebee's when I think about where the yarn was and who it was on.
.
Tomorrow, or when my batteries recharge, I'll show you a pick of the finished bag. Then, I have to name it...
.
HELP a big thank you to anyone that can tell me why my blogspot doesn't allow blank lines between paragraphs!!!! Periods are okay (the grammar kind), but this is ridiculous.

No comments: