Monday, January 19, 2009

Orangey Potluck: Felted


5 times.
.
It never takes five times in the washer to felt.
.
Apparently, the "wool" wasn't all wool.
.
So much for a great find.
.
I am very glad I added a strand of the rose English Wool to pull it together. If you are interested in felting, look for 100% wool, at least to start with. I have heard that it must be 80% wool to felt, but the nubby joy I have on my hook right now is 73% wool, with an added strand of blue English Wool.
.
The colors blended beautifully together, but I think a little something on the front to jazz it up would make it great.
.
Off to Chicago this weekend, hoping to share a cup of coffee to my pal at Big Grey Birds . Check out her beautifully written blog. It's vulnerability and honesty is quickly taking it to the top of my daily read list.
.
Check her out, you won't be disappointed.

No comments: