Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Baa Baa Baby Shower

On Saturday, we celebrated pending birth of a very lucky baby. Great parents, a super cool sister and a room full of lambs. I made the bag with Gretchen's superior cutting skills late one night. With some spare fabric, I made the changing pad and it was begging for something adorable on it. I tried my hand at applique. It was a lot of fun. Surely it could have turned horrible, but apparently, I do my best work after a 9:30 pm nap.


The amazing thing about this fabric...it was the first one we picked up. The floral on the outside was perfect for Katie (maybe not so much for Mark). It took us a very long time to find a liner fabric and so settled on gray. We grabbed the matching stripe for the inner pockets and the changing pad.
I hope she likes it and more importantly, I hope she uses it.

Up next...commission purses and perhaps a Christmas stocking or two.

No comments: