Monday, September 27, 2010

Pampas, Spiders and Dead Things

 This past weekend I had my camera in the backyard.

We have a nice backyard, we are in the suburbs, so there are houses each way I look and power lines obstructing my nature photos.  I've started taking pictures facing up to the sky, then lightening them so the background nearly fades away.  I really love what happens to the subject.

 This spider was cool.  He was the only thing living on my Japanese Red Maple that I got as a freebie from a friend. Unfortunately, it was too shocked to keep it's leaves this year. 

I'm hoping that the roots will find a good footing this winter and in spring, sprout back to life.  Oh, yes, that would be good.  I'd even let the spider stay.

REMINDER:  The free photo (from my entire collection) is still current, if you were to leave a post HERE  right now, you'd have a 25% chance of winning!