Wednesday, September 15, 2010

This is My Life

I'm a horrible cleaner. My house is a mess.

Things stay in one place (which isn't the right place) for so long that they become to take hold of that space and I no longer see it.

That paint brush for example. See it? On the sink. It was used for the blackboard paint (see far left of same photo, there is the half used can). I finished that project over a week ago. And yet the brush sits there. Empty can was from the prior evenings dinner. The rock next to the soap was from the crystals Tom grew last week. And yet the crap just sits and grows roots.

I do get to a breaking point. And if anyone is home, watch out. I'm best when left alone and given a short time period to clean. The best medicine for a clean home is visitors.

Anyway, I was cooking dinner last night and the boys were outside playing soccer, each with their own ball (no fighting then, or hogging the ball).

This is my life.

Making dinner and watching the boys play. Not having to worry that they'll run off. It was great.

Even though I had to stare out of a messy kitchen through a filthy window.

This is my life.

and I love it.

1 comment:

Jeans and a Sweatshirt- said...

I do the same thing with "things"...as does my youngest (and he's even worse than me).