Saturday, October 23, 2010

Breast Cancer

Every item listing in Etsy gets 14 describers.  For this purse above I used:  Bags and Purses; Felt; pink; Musi; vintage pin; small; pod; purse; silver tone; etc.  Then I was left with one more option.  The more you list, the more chances you will be found.  The last one...I entered Breast Cancer.

After I did it, I thought it was odd.  Why did I do that?  Just because it was pink?  Silly.  Yet I left it.

This morning, I got a message from a gal on Etsy.  She is a three time breast cancer survivor and had a double mastectomy and reconstruction on her stomach.  She is having another surgery in January to get nipples.  And she wants to celebrate with a boob purse!

Who better to make a boob purse than WashMyCloth?  I'm really excited about this one.  I love the requests that come with a story.  The stories are the best.

As I write this I wonder if me writing that Breast Cancer description was in some way divine intervention. Yes, I'm sure others could make a boob purse, but for some reason, I'm feeling like someone else was involved in this.  It just feels different.

So my friend, I'll make you the pinkest, cutest boobs with the perfect nipples to take with you on your surgery date next year.

3 comments:

Jeans and a Sweatshirt- said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to see it!

Jill said...

What if someone is having prostate cancer surgery? Is there a "special" Etsy area for that? LOL

Unknown said...

I suppose, Jill, that we could create a "special" section in Etsy. Wonder what that purse would look like. Or should it be a man purse?