Monday, March 28, 2011

Connecting With My Past

My mom had this bracelet made for me.  They are spoon handles from my Great Grandmother's silver setting.  I love wearing it and remembering my grandparents with every clink of the bracelet. 

I've been feeling a shift lately.  Shifting of my outlook on life, my curiosity in the after-life and past-lives, and even my reevaluations of my core belief systems.  I feel like something big is happening.  Many talk of 2012 as the end of the world, or major changes.  I believe that shift has already begun with the unrest in Egypt, Tunisia, the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, now Libya and all the other countries where the people are fighting for their own personal freedom.  It's a snowball going down a mountain, gathering snow and people and becoming a boulder that can't go unnoticed.

The changes are having me take a step back to remember who I am, explore who I will be and even who I was in other times.  Do past lives really exist?  I'm almost over the fence, but still not quite sure I buy the "I was a princess in a past life" or the "I used to be a chemist". 

I'm not sure what's going on, but surely it's something.

1 comment:

Jeans and a Sweatshirt- said...

Pretty bracelet! I also have a bracelet that reminds me of my grandmother...it's a good thing.
About the world, it's a scary thing to think about.