Friday, April 1, 2011

Remember the Shift?

Little Man and I made Gluten Free Chocolate Chip - Chia Seed - Banana Bread on Wednesday night.  It was pretty good, but came out a tad dense.  I think that was from the Almond meal I used.  Only used a 1/4 cup, but that stuff is heavy!  I'll keep tweaking it to get it where I'm happy, then I promise myself, I'll follow the recipe.

Anyone else change recipes a bit for spite?  I really can't think of any reason why I can't follow a recipe.  I just like to make it my own.  I'm a rebel like that.  Walking on the wild side.

So, the shift.

I told you I felt a shift coming on.  I wasn't really sure if it was the fighting in Africa (did you know the Ivory Coast is also fighting?  Their incumbent won't step down for the newly elected president) or something else.

It may be Africa, but it is also something else.  If you recall at the end of February my mom drove me to the hospital with chest pains.  My heart turned out just fine.  My doctor wanted me to get a scan of my gallbladder.  I really thought he was wacky.

Laying on the table at the imaging place, the tech confirmed my doctor's suspicion.  Gall Stones.  Lots of them.

Big ones and Little ones.  Old ones and New ones.  Red Fish Blue Fish.

I have now read that gall bladder attacks can mimic a heart attack.  The technician believes that I knocked a stone loose when I was shoveling.  And that is the concern, that a stone will get stuck in a duct (trying to keep it clean, here!).

My mom had her gall bladder removed, so it wasn't a shock that I had issues.  I was actually fine with it.

Until this morning.

I was just getting out of a meditation to try and soothe my neck pain/stress when I got the call.  The nurse at my doctor's office wants me to call the surgeon to schedule "easy little surgery".

I completely lost it.  I now know that it was the piling up of Little Man in the hospital, me in the hospital, Big Boy in the hospital, Little Man with pneumonia, me with the gall bladder: all mixed with a continuing stress of work and money and job and Tom's schoolwork.  It was all just too much.

And like every time I "lose" it, I come back feeling stronger.  Well, maybe that's pushing it, I still feel like crap, but Tom helped put things in perspective.  He has a way with that.

The other thing that is helping...or shall I say saving?  Tomorrow is a day away with the girls.

Great timing!

No comments: