Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Affirmation Project: Day 18


My Positive:  I'm an excellent babysitter.  I thought I was great as a teenager, I'm fantastic now!  I have the Midas Sleep Touch.  Look at this little guy, asleep in 30 minutes.  Up again (as normal per his parents) and it only took an additional 8 minutes to pacify this little man.  This same boy has cried so much that his parents have to leave parties early.  But not for this Sitter-Extraordinaire.

I had a lot of fun babysitting when I was a teen.  I met a lot of interesting people and definitely had some fun stories to tell...still, my favorite is the little boy, buck naked except for his red cowboy boots, running around his backyard with a clear plastic cup over his privates yelling, "I got it, I got it!"

Or the young ladies that had to follow my jumping jack rule for calling their sister 'stupid'.  I still cringe at that word.  Apologize, then do 20.

And who could forget the little girl that cried the moment her mom left, until she passed out, nearly 2 hours later.  When I say cried, I mean screamed.

All lessons learned.  It's fun to run around naked in cowboy boots; don't say hurtful words; crying doesn't bring people home.

My Affirmation:  Avoid hurtful words, even when they fit perfectly to the situation.

No comments: