Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Affirmation Project: Day 19

My Positive:  I can make monsters pop out of purses.  This was my lucky accident.  The day I sold my first monster was the moment I realized I wasn't just a crafter, but an artist.  I think that was a turning point for me.  When I stopped being crafty and became artsy.  Yeah, artsy fartsy, I get it, ha ha, but there is some negative connotation to crafty.  It's that same stigma between knitters and crocheters.  Why is it less of a technique using one hook rather than two pointy sticks? 

Being an artist made me stand up straighter, and be proud of my creations.  Creations all my own.  There are a couple "crafters" trying to copy my technique, but they haven't quite figured it out yet.  It's my little secret (and my neighbor that caught a glimpse, but she isn't telling just like Duke won't tell his Bush's baked bean secret).
My Affirmation:  I am an artist.  I am an artist.  And I am a good artist.

1 comment:

Jeans and a Sweatshirt- said...

Hey...I'm a better secret keeper than Duke!