Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Affirmation Project: Day 22

My Positive (if you believe in this sort of stuff):  I see dead people.  Never scared, I feel comforted by these visits and messages.  I've always felt that there was more to death than a wooden box and some dirt.  In the past year, I've had 3 readings from different clairvoyants.  All of them began with, "You can do what I do.  You talk to spirits already.  You can do this.  Open your eyes."

Most often, it is my Father-in-Law, Don.  He first came to me in a dream.  One of those dreams that feels so real that the next day or two (or five) I still couldn't shake it.  In the dream he was behind me with my hands on my shoulders.  I could hear him breathing, I could feel the weight of his hands on my shoulders.  When I think back on that dream, now 5 or 6 years ago, the breaths and the hands are so real, as if he just backed away.  I've also seen his hazy image poking out of my kitchen.  That one really freaked me out.  In my second reading, down in Maryland, Don came through as protector.  He was guarding me with his arms around me, not allowing anyone else to communicate.  To know he was still protecting me, was heartwarming.  I always had a soft spot for Don.  I miss him terribly.

I also see my Grandma, always sitting behind an easel, painting a stream with yellow flowers on the banks.  My Aunt is there, too.  Milling around chatting to people, in her nurse uniform.  Family members that pass are usually playing bocce ball and drinking beers with Don. 

This realization that there is still communication after death, has changed my opinion on dying.  When I was 10, I remember standing at the top of the stairs and crying to my older brother that I was afraid to die.  He pushed me off and told me to just go to bed.  I was so scared that night.  I never forgot it.  But now, I have no fear (other than not seeing my children grow).

Meditation has opened me up to exploring and developing my abilities.  I find it fascinating.  I'm sure many of you think I'm a little odd, but that makes me who I am and I'm not afraid to admit that I see dead people.

My Affirmation:  I trust in the process of life.  Trust is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it ok to tell you- you are freaking me out :)

Unknown said...

Sorry for the freak out! The rest of the month will be warm and fuzzy...