Friday, July 1, 2011

Comfort Foods - Gluten Free Style

 Tuna Noodle Casserole.

Yum.

At least now it is.  I don't remember loving it all that much when I was a kid.  Maybe because we ate it often.  I am sure it has been at least 10 years since I last had tuna noodle casserole.  My husband despises any food with the suffix 'casserole'.  If it is one meal served in a baking dish, no thanks.

One day, after hearing my Mother-in-Law talk about the Tuna Noodle Casserole she made and subsequently forgot to add the tuna, I got the craving.  The craving that never goes away. 

So, I tried it.  On my lunch hour, I made my white sauce.  Added some cheese, cooked some Tinkyada Rice Noodles and combined those with frozen peas and two cans of tuna.  I sprinkled some Romano on top and baked it till brown.  Wow.

The best part of this...my kids ate it.  And they LOVED it.  No complaints is equal to love in this house.  Tom, on the other hand, almost lost his lunch when I told him what was for dinner.

And this...Mom's homemade strawberry jam.  So good.  I ate all my bagels in two days.  What's more comforting than a bagel and jam for breakfast and lunch two days in a row?

Tuna noodle casserole for dinner after the two bagels.

No comments: