Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sponge Ball and Boochie Review


Every so often I succeed.

But more often than not, it's an epic fail.

Before we went camping with all the cousins, ranging in age from 3 to 11, I purchased some sponges to make this craft.  It seemed so simple.  Almost too simple to be fun.

Boy was I wrong.
 
On day 1 in 95 degrees of humid heat, we cut up the sponges and tied them with dental floss and the kids got playing.

They got me a couple times, it felt really great and refreshing.
 
We hit a couple snags in the "he hit me" and "you are supposed to throw it, not tackle" aspects of the fun.

They were all soaked.

And all happy.

Now, that homemade fun was great, but you know what I think was better?

BOOCHIE!

If you have kids, you should get this game.  It will become my new standard gift for birthdays.  It is made by Gameright and has won all sorts of parenting awards. The game is recommended for kids ages 8 and up.  My 5 year old loved it.  I would say that if a parent or kind older sibling was playing, the little ones could have fun, too.  If they can throw, they can play.

The game is simple, a take on Bocce, with fun twists and turns.  It's a really fair game.  The more points you get, the harder your throws (or kicks) become.  Thinks like, sit on the ground and toss backwards.  Or use your knee to move the objects.

I had a lot of fun with it too!  The only issue I had, was that two of the wristband velcro straps came out of the fitting and it was a big pain to feed it back through.  I am sure this game will be a camping standard, as well as a boredom buster in this house!

No comments: