Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Do SomeTHING: Day 14

 Wooden Pants.

That's what these are called, per my oldest child.

Sam is tall.  And 'small waisted'. 

The dude is super skinny. 

He is also extremely sensitive as to clothing.  It must be soft.

Soft I can deal with, but guess what?  I can't find a soft, slim or skinny pant with drawstrings.  All the workout pants or sweatpants have elastic that is still much to big for this waist, or has fake drawstrings.  That one really chaps my hide.  I can add elastic.  I can put a drawstring on.  I can add belt loops.  This time around, I set the inside elastic for his waist, he tried them on.  Then last night, I sewed the elastic in place, removed the excess elastic strip and removed the button.  On three pairs of pants, that he previously tried on and liked.

I washed them again, in fabric softener.

He went to put them on today and called them wooden pants.  In tears. 

Then he came down in huge sweatpants that he couldn't tie the string (because, mind you the waist could fit two of him in).  More tears of frustration.  He found another pair that is identical to the ones he wore the first and second days of school.

He wore all black today.

I ate an ice cream cone at 8:55 AM.

Kahula and coffee is next.

Do SomeTHING is a month long of creativity, project finishing, exploration, and imagination.  What was your THING for today?  Leave your link in the comments for us all to see.

1 comment:

Jeans and a Sweatshirt- said...

Poor kid! Poor Mom! Maybe you should just bite the bullet and make a few pairs from scratch?