Sunday, February 5, 2012

36/366: Sweet and Sour Gluten Free Chicken

I love P.F. Chang's Spicy Chicken.

Gluten Free.

Not sure if the recipe is the same (coating) for the gluten version, but the Gluten Free is fabulous.

I needed to recreate.

My first attempt was a basic following of this recipe.

I didn't add as much sugar and baked on a cookie sheet. 

Big Boy said, "This is good, I am going to eat it all."  If you know my kids, they are master 'dealers'.  I have a deal, I'll eat half my chicken and three bites of rice and all my broccoli, deal?

This was a no deal making dinner.  They ate it all.

Tom liked it, too.  Although it wasn't the same as the PF Chang's version, it was still delicious with no crazy food coloring like you get at the Chinese Fast Food places.  And the chicken isn't a tiny morsel surrounded in deep fried cholesterol.

Tonight, I'm making it again.  Yes, a mere three nights after the first.  I am going to switch it up a bit and loosely follow this recipe.

For the gluten free soy sauce, LaChoy makes a lite soy that has no gluten in it.  There may be a cross-contamination issue, but I have no issues with it, and it only calls for a little bit of it.

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend and getting ready for a fun evening and the Superbowl Commercials.  Oh, and maybe some football, too!

No comments: