Thursday, February 23, 2012

54/366: Ram Das


"Concepts exist and then they are clothed with words and the clothing closet is not open."

Working at home is not easy.  It is filled with quiet days and lonliness.  Many people tell me how lucky I am. 

I agree. 

Most of the time.

It's hard to feel a part of the group.  There is something about background noise from people working that I miss.

In order to combat this, I play Netflix.

Usually, it is something boring that is more background noise than anything.  Documentaries are the best to work with.

Today, I have Ram Das: Fierce Grace. 
  • Synopsis: Once a symbol of '60s counterculture and psychedelic drug use, Ram Dass has since become a renowned speaker and author on the topics of aging, spirituality, and overcoming the mistakes of the past. This documentary chronicles his journey from his affiliations with LSD advocate Timothy Leary to his endeavor to continue remaking himself after his stroke in 1997.
The quote above caught my attention.  I had to play it back to understand.

"Concepts exist and then they are clothed with words and the clothing closet is not open."
 
It makes me understand the affects of stroke on speech more so than anything I have ever known.

No comments: