Saturday, February 25, 2012

56/366: Spring Cleaning

Lately, I've been doing a lot of organizing. It started in my studio (aka basement) a month ago.

I filled my shopping cart with totes and boxes and hooks. I loved how everything fit and looked nice. I only need seven more shelves!

So this morning it was Little Man's closet. Yes, just the closet. This is why:



I took most everything out of the closet.
Filled a very large contractors size garbage bag of crap. Parts of toys long gone, pieces of games never played and all those single socks I had been unable to match up.

Two hours into it, I realized the room itself needed to be dealt with since the items that should be in the closet and hadn't fit, need to fine a home.

Another two hours and this boy has a very clean closet with room to read AND a nicely cleaned and dusted room. I also moved his bed to the other side of the room for some variety.

My kids have a thing about hanging out in the closet and reading. You may see part of the big red armrest pillow already on the floor at the bottom of the picture. I totally get it, too. Nothing like a cozy nook to read in.

Unfortunately, much of the items I pulled from his closet were booked and photos of mine.

Next up, the hall closet and bookshelf!

Hope you are having a productive and enjoyable Saturday.

No comments: