Thursday, May 17, 2012

136/366: Pharmacy Party Part 3

The table decorations.

I went back and forth on these, not really feeling like I needed anything, but wanting something.

This was my first idea way back.  I asked some friends to start collecting the pill bottles, not quite knowing how the execution would go.

Then, the Thursday night before the party, I decided to glue the bottles to a strip of wood and use medicinal herbs to play with the mortar and pestle theme I had going. 

A quick coat of acrylic paint on a couple strips of wood in a bright blue and green.  After soaking the bottles to get the labels off, I glued the bottles to the wooden strips.

I added some caps and other medicine bottles I had.

On Friday, I went to Mischler's Florist and Greenhouses and picked up a great selection of herbs.

My favorite was mint...it held it's shape in water and didn't wilt like the sage did.  I also cut a weed from the backyard and added that to the bottles.

I am really happy I went ahead with these. 

Simple, easy and cute.

No comments: