Sunday, September 30, 2012

274/366: Pintember in the Toilet


This is the final installment of Pintember.  I hope you enjoyed it.  I found it to be quite a challenge.  I thought when I semi-retired, I'd have more time to do things like this. 

That doesn't seem to be the case.  And that's okay.

There are still a couple Pinterest projects I'd like to complete, and will show you those as I do them.  The Pintember Project was good.  It kept me creative and writing, and not just falling asleep sitting up while watching TV.

So, my toilet project.

Toilet paper rolls, more specifically.


This is a fairly easy project.  I cut about 20 toilet paper rolls into 5 strips.  Then, with my glue gun, I just went to town.  There is no real way to do this, other than just sticking the new pieces where there is a hole.  I turned the flower as I went and eyeballed all of it.

I also didn't measure the width of the cut pieces.  You may be able to see in the photo that the pieces aren't perfect, aren't the same height and are placed randomly.


 I found the painting to be the most challenging.  My spray paint from my animal taxidermy project didn't seem to coat very well.  I used almost an entire can and thought I'd have plenty.  The paint seemed to absorb into the paper.

But, standing back, you really can't tell. 

I think this was a fun project and a good way to end the month...in the toilet!  Ha!

I'm still working the POSTADAY for the remainder of the year, so don't be a stranger.

Thanks for reading Pintember!

No comments: