Sunday, November 25, 2012

329/366: Perhaps Not the Best Timing

Tom took the boys out to lunch today and I sat at the sewing machine. I made fairly good progress. I completed two pillows and created another.

Then I started on a blanquilt. This one is all special stitches and cut outs. I think it will be the more challenging of the three I have hopes of completing. The other two will be vintage lace and doilies.

As I was sewing, my machine started to clunk. The needle was making a louder than normal sound when puncturing the fabric. I changed the needle, checked the bobbin, rethreaded the machine, all to no avail. So, I kept sewing. Clunk clunk clunk. I open up the machine and cleaned out the dust and lint. Clunk clunk clunk.

I was adding a long piece and started the thread. The bobbin thread wasn't coming from the needle hole. I attempted the rethread it. Busted. The needle wasn't catching the bobbin thread. I removed all the bobbin components. Nothing. Changed the needle. Nothing. Freaked out.

YouTubed. if that isn't a word, it should be. Unfortunately, it appears my problem is the timing. I found a video on how to adjust the gears. Can't be that hard, right? I'll never know. I unscrewed all the screws to take the case apart to find the gears. I couldn't get the darn thing open.

Freak out, again.

Tom make this much too long. Story shorter, I bought a new machine. The one I had, has lasted me a longtime and I am thankful. It made lots of love. And now it will find a home in a dump somewhere.

I am so tired tonight, that I think I'll just head to bed and set up the new machine tomorrow morning. Sorry church, I'll see you in a couple weeks...I have a date with a Singer.


No comments: