Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Stitching Away

I must write more here. I definitely miss the routine of sharing little parts of my life here.

With every stitch on this Alphabet Sampler, I think of my great grandmother, Ghee. She was always stitching something. I've talked about her often in this blog. She was so talented and resourceful. My Mom tells me stories of Ghee tearing old wool coats in strips to make her hooked rugs.

I guess you could say she was recycling before it was cool.

A special Happy Birthday to my Mom today. I love you!

1 comment:

Jill said...

That's really beautiful, Carrie! I can't wait to see it finished! I have a piece from Ghee with a mouse on a giraffe's nose, giving the giraffe a flower. It says Friends at the top. It's super cute, but the canvas really needs to be cleaned. Do you know of any way to do that?