Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sign: Shine On



Sometimes, in life, you may feel like nothing can go right.  Only left.  Or downhill.  Sucker punched, twice.  Sometimes these things are small in nature, but when added onto other struggles, that small 'thing' can be enormous.

And sometimes, you trudge through.  It might be ugly and muddy, but you keep trudging, hoping you are going in the right direction.  Still with trepidation, but trudging nonetheless.

Then, the sign hits. 

My sign hit last night.  This sign was just the encouragement I needed to push me forward, I thought I was doing the right thing, and then this song came into my life.

My husband and I were gratefully invited to attend the WBFO's Buffalo Blue's Bash last evening.  Our generous friends welcomed us to their table to enjoy two great Blue's bands.  Freightrain (Robert "Freightrain" Parker) and Dawn Tyler Watson Band.   The talent in both groups was inspiring.  The best music is the music you feel in your gut.  This was that kind of music.

Back to my sign.  You all know I had a rough week (actually one event last week that I couldn't shake) last week.  I like to think I've moved on, but there is always that lingering sliver of roughness that doesn't quite leave.

These words came from Dawn Tyler Watson at a time I needed them:

I want to give you all some real good news
I want you all to keep your head up
Stay positive
Spread the love
This is a Song about perseverance and positivity
If you are going through any crap right now,
I want to tell you, Shine on.
And though the road is dark and long
Our light will conquer
Shine on
Shine on brothers and sisters
Don’t let the darkness get to you
In this world there is pain and suffering
But you must try to see the love in the moment…

And as I connect the words from her mouth to my story, my friend places her hand on my shoulder and the tears begin to pool and stream down.

When others see your sign, you know it's real.  I'm taking control of this week. No bad days.

Shine on!